Geranium Festival Guidelines
Festival Date: May 20, 2017
Be sure to read the Guidelines very carefully before proceeding to the application.
You must agree to abide by all of the guidelines before your application can be processed!
New! Application Process
- Read all the Guidelines carefully and be sure that you will abide by them completely.
- Make application online at the end of this page.
- Send no money at this time. You will be notified by mail or e-mail if accepted.
- Once you receive a notice or contract, pay within the specified period.
Returning vendors can make application after October 1, 2016.
(Any returning vendor wishing to retain their previous space location should
make application by December 31, 2016)
New vendors can make application after January 1, 2017.
No application will be received on or before May 7, 2017.
No refunds will be made after April 1, 2017.
Fee Summary for the Geranium Festival!
October 2016 – January 2016 $85 per space
February 2017- March 2017 $130 per space
April 2017 $160 per space
January 2017 $100 per space
February 2017-March 2017 $130 per space
April 2017 $160 per space
Other Expenses (all Vendors)
$20 Electricity (if available)
$15 Festival Packet Mailing Fee
$10 Website link on Festival APP Sponsors
Applications to the Geranium Festival
- Every application submitted is given careful consideration by the Geranium Festival Team.
- All decisions on the acceptance/decline of applications are final!
- Applications are considered on the basis of quality, workmanship, and originality.
- We limit the number of exhibitors in various festival categories on the basis of space.
- All applicants are notified by mail or e-mail.
- Those applicants who are accepted must return and sign the contract along with payment by the specified date.
- NOTE: We do not discuss reasons for acceptance or non-acceptance!
- We encourage all applicants to make application as soon as possible. Every year, many applicants are declined because they waited too late to apply and space was not available. Early applications are also less expensive.
- This year our application process has changed and application can be made online by going to our website: https://www.geraniumfestival.com
Geranium Festival Qualifications
Arts & Craft
- No Commercial, Resale, or Flea Market Items are allowed (No Exceptions!!)
- Items for sale must be crafted by the Exhibitor.
- The details on your application should provide how you make the items you plan to sell.
- All new vendors must provide pictures showing you making the item and receipts of where you purchased items necessary to make the item.
- Returning Vendors may also be asked to provide this information on a periodic basis.
- Absolutely no resale of items is permitted!
- – Community Business Exhibitors may provide information about their service or organization.
- No selling of goods and no receiving of money in any way is permitted at the festival.
(Any Community Business Exhibitor receiving any money will be disqualified from future festivals)
- Community Business Exhibitors can give away water or other items free of charge.
- A limited collection of information is allowed.Food
- All Food Vendors must adhere to all current health and safety practices.
- Food vendors may be required to receive a temporary health permit.
- All food vendors are subject to inspection by the Health Department.
- All must place a plastic covering under the cooking area to protect the surfaces underneath.
- All food vendors must have an appropriate way to dispose of waste.
Responsibilities of All Vendors
- Vendors will have a 10 ft by 10 ft booth space. (Some vendors may pay for additional booth spaces)
- Vendors must have everything inside that space area.
- Vendors cannot stand outside the area to attract customers.
- Vendors cannot place items outside the booth space area.
- Vendors cannot call out to visitors passing by to attract their attention.
Our festival guests can stop at any booth space they wish without any form of intimidation.
- Anyone who fails to comply with the items listed above will not be invited back to future festivals!
- The festival provides the booth space and the Vendor must provide their tent,
table, supplies, and everything else they need.
- Tents should be “weighted down” due to wind or inclement weather.
- Stakes cannot be used to secure tents inside the McDonough Square due to electrical wiring.
- No pushcarts are allowed in the festival area!!
- Carrying of signs in the festival area is strictly forbidden!
The Geranium Festival is a “rain” or “shine” event!
There is no rain date and there are no refunds issued if the festival is cancelled
or delayed due to inclement weather!
Arrival and Departure at the Geranium Festival
We have a schedule of when vendors are able to setup depending on the location of their booth space.
This schedule is setup with Street Closures in mind.
Please check with us regarding the time of setup in your area.
After 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, all streets are closed in the festival area.
All Vendors after this time must enter at Hampton Street.
We strongly advise that all vehicles arrive no later than 6:00 a.m. on the festival day.
No vehicles will be allowed into the festival area after 6:30 a.m.
All vehicles must be out of the festival area by 7:30 a.m.
All booths need to be ready by 9:00 a.m.
(We strongly urge all vendors to be ready sooner due to early festival vendors)
Note: 4:00 a.m. – 6:00 a.m. is our busiest setup time. Earlier setup is always better!
When you arrive, you will be greeted by a member of the Lions Club.
They will show you where your booth space is located.
They will give you your packet. (For a fee, we will mail your packet to you. This is not necessary)
The following steps should be followed:
• Arrive at the festival – you will be shown your space.
• Unload your belongings at your booth space site.
• Go park your vehicle in a vendor parking area (parking pass is required)
• Come back and get your site ready for the festival.
All Vendors are expected to remain until the festival has ended at 5:00 p.m.
At that time, take down your tent and pack up all your belongings so that they are ready to load.
Then, you must receive a re-entry pass from one of our Lion Club Members.
They will examine your site and make sure you are “ready to load” before giving you the pass.
Once you have the pass, go get your vehicle from the vendor parking area, go to your site,
load your belongings, and you will be on your way safely and as quickly as possible.
Note: Any vendor who takes more than 1 ½ hours to depart must be placed
in an area away from city streets. Please make that note on your application form.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2016 Geranium Festival!
We look forward to seeing you on May 21, 2016 in downtown McDonough, Georgia!